Saturday 24 August 2013

HEALTH GOSSIP: He was born to survive, even Cancer!!!

    7 Months ago when i heard that Vast(Nwachukwu Ozoilo) had Lyphoma(Cancer of the lymph nodes), i was distraught because he happens to be my favorite. I remebered being thought Lymphoma in Med. School, i immediately got a vivid knowlegde of what he was about to go through. The series of Chemotherapy, L.Ps( lumbar punctures and physiotherapy, and so on. I really felt sympathy for him. I kept on praying for him and to God be the glory last week he returned to Nigeria healthy and strong and unto what he knows how to do best.. I believe all His ' yori-yori' girls prayers must have been answered too (lol).. Well thats what you get when you've got good fans by your side...

    In an interview Vast( my man) was asked some questions and the answers actually touched me and i wish to share it with you all...

1) What kept you through out that period?  

    What kept me going was God.
Before I went for the treatment, I saw myself dying slowly. We got the visa and contacted the Medical Doctor that attended to us. It was no doubt the handiwork of God. This doctor handles only cancer related cases. My family, my manager, partner and CEO were there for me. We travelled together. They made sure I was well taken care of, while my ordeal lasted.
    Interestingly, when the picture I took while in the hospital leaked, I was reading the outpour of love, prayers and soothing words from my fans. Some of them even said, they would die if I die. Then the press guys were there for me. They  were  keeping tabs of my progress and informing my fans duly.  All of these, did a whole lot in keeping me going. That's why I got the courage and I know that it has always been God, my family, the media and my fans.

 2) What lessons did you learn?

--I learnt that life is very precious. No matter what you do and wherever you are, don't look down on anybody because you don't know who will help you tomorrow(#true talk)

--Another thing is that you don't have to be scared of death. You have to face the challenge. Live a normal life. If you are scared of death, you will die. At a point, when I got very scared,  the sickness came in full force, but when I started picking courage, it subsided and I recovered.

    Am just happy for Him... Thanks for being a source of strength to so many persons out there who are facing similar challenges.. Life is indeed Precious.. Nigerians Love You!!! But God loves you more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep staying Healthy, Informed and Entertained...
Your comments/views will be appreciated.... Thanks