Tuesday 10 December 2013

HEALTH GOSSIP: Relapse of 'cured' men shows HIV is far from beaten

HIV has re-emerged in two men who in July appeared to have been freed of the virus and were able to come off their antiretroviral medication.

Known as the Boston patients after the city where they were treated, the men were two of a number of people reported as being virtually cured of HIV this year.

The levels of the virus in their blood became almost undetectable for an extended period of time after a bone marrow transplant.

Others include a baby in Mississippi and a group of 14 people in France known as the Visconti cohort, who were functionally cured of HIV, meaning that although their bodies still had traces of the virus, it was no longer active.

The disappointing news, reported at a meeting of HIV researchers in Miami, Florida, last week, highlights how far we still have to go before we actually cure the disease, despite the progress that has been made recently.

Keep staying Healthy, Informed and Entertained...
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

1 comment:

  1. My Name is Miss Alicia and i am from Maryland USA, I wish to share the testimony of life experience with the general public about what this priest has just done for me, this priest has just brought back my Lost hope to me with his great powers, I was infected with HIV/AIDS during my youth service in Texas. i never notice it until I meet this man Jean Mark. We both love each other and we plane to get married. I Was surprise when we go for HIV/AIDS test, i was HIV/AIDS positive. The man was so disappointed in me, I wanted to kill myself, but a friend of mine told me not to worry that I still have life to live. She ask me one day to followed her to the cyber cafe, when we get there, I decided search for the best way to live with HIV/AID, that was when i saw a testimonies from Colbert Hurt on how a great priest heal him of HIV/AIDS. i decided to email contact the man, then you won’t believe this when i Contacted this priest on my problems, he told me what I needed to do and how to do it, he gave me 6days to go back for the test again, I go back to the same hospital and have the same test, but the HIV/AIDS positive change to negative. I didn’t believed the doctor’s report, I went to another hospital, the same result, the greatest surprise is that, the man who left me for 2months came looking for me and said he could find it easy doing anything without me. I promise to testify and share the testimony on the internet and everywhere I went to. I will keep on shearing this testimony until my oldest age. Inside and outside me is full of happiness. I am ready to tell the whole world about this good man because he did it for me and i believe he will do it for others who need his help. Here is via email address (profectwilliamspiritualtemple@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

Keep staying Healthy, Informed and Entertained...
Your comments/views will be appreciated.... Thanks